Promotion: Paris to Switzerland tickets from €29

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 March 2017 at 16:48:55 #859683

Thanks Arno, this is great news 🙂

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 March 2017 at 17:18:45 #859684

Hi Arno,

We will travelling from Paris to Interlaken Ost on the 18th of May. I followed the raileurope link you provided for people in Canada. The bookings still show regular price, min $145.

I checked off ‘No’ for ‘are you travelling with a rail pass?’ Can you please help?

Thanks

Arno
    15483 posts
    6 March 2017 at 20:24:45 #859685

Hi Shuk75,

Will you have a rail pass for Switzerland? If so, I recommend to check fares for just Paris to Basel (Swiss border). That’s often much cheaper than booking all the way to your final destination. The Swiss Travel Pass, for example, covers Basel to Interlaken.

I just tried Paris to Basel for your date and fares started at $45. Apart from that there is a direct train from Paris to Interlaken for $80, but it arrives very late (12:18 AM).

Note that there is no regular price. Prices vary a lot by date and time. Even one day later may show different prices.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 March 2017 at 20:34:06 #859686

Thank you so much! really appreciate your help.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 March 2017 at 6:59:41 #859687

Hi Arno,

Thanks for your useful website, it help me alot when searching information for our Europe trip this summer.

I am looking for tickets from Paris Gare de Lyon to Geneve on 7th Aug for 2 adults and 1 kid. According to the promotion link I find the ticket is about 81.2euro for 3 of us, quite good deal compare with the fare in sncf. But wondering what is different between 2 sites. I searched around and they mentioned that try to avoid to book on Raileurope, if can just book direct on Sncf. Appreciate if you help me to clarify my concern. Thanks so much.

Arno
    15483 posts
    7 March 2017 at 19:00:49 #859688

Hi limfamily,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! I’m not sure who recommended to avoid RailEurope, but they are a perfectly legitimate company. We only list trusted retailers on our pass pages, and here in the forum.

The key thing to remember is that you should compare your options, but it looks like you already did. RailEurope can be more expensive at times, and cheaper at other times. It’s just a matter of checking all options and then buy from the retailer which is most attractive in your case.

The tickets are exactly the same regardless of where you buy, so if this is a good deal for you I would not hesitate to take advantage of it.

Feel free to ask if any questions remain. Enjoy your trip!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 March 2017 at 23:53:53 #859689

Thanks Arno for your reply,

Yup I will fo straight with Raileurope. Do you think it is good price to buy now or I wait until find a better offer? I dont know what is the cheapest price they offer for the route from Paris to Geneva, on Sncf the price for 3 of us is about 92 euro.

Arno
    15483 posts
    8 March 2017 at 18:22:18 #859690

Hi limfamily,

€ 81.20 for 3 people is a really good price. I’ve never seen tickets for less than € 25 per person. If your travel date and time is fixed I would book it before someone else does. You can keep checking prices on w ww.raileurope-world.com/train/tgv-lyria, but normally availability will go down and prices up if your travel date gets nearer.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 March 2017 at 16:05:46 #859691

Hi!

I am planning to take the train from paris to lucerne on 12 April 2017 in couple. Would you recommend us to take from Paris to Basel and hop onto the train again from Basel to Lucerne?

I have some difficulties in choosing the swiss travel pass and the half fare pass. What is the difference? I will only be staying in Lucerne for 3 days. Which passes do you recommend us to get?

Thanks

Arno
    15483 posts
    16 March 2017 at 17:40:20 #859692

Hi Suzanne3030,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! Switching trains in Basel is the quickest way to reach Lucerne from Paris.

You can read our Swiss Travel Pass and Swiss Half Fare Card pages to learn about the differences. I recommend the videos on those pages for a quick introduction. If you need more help, please feel free to open a new thread and tell us a bit more about your travel plans.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 March 2017 at 8:31:08 #859693

We are a family of 10. leaving paris to engelberg on 24th October, How to keep a notification to get the best deal from train travel between these 02 cities, plan was to take the train from paris to Zuruch since TGV has a direct connection then from there to engelberg but cost of 02 tickets is looking expensive any suggestion on that.

Also wanted to take the Golden pass train from Lucerne to Montreax how long is the journey and simple timetable is available.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 March 2017 at 16:44:00 #859694

Hi Symkot and welcome to MySwissAlps!

You can keep an eye on the ticket promotions here. Also we post about new promotions in the forum so if you receive forum update e-mails you will be notified (you can select that in your account).
    Information on the Golden Pass train can be found here. You can also search timetables for this and other trains here.

Best regards,
    Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 March 2017 at 9:58:01 #859695

Thanks Lucas for the info, will monitor the site since our travel is in Mid October.

In regards to my Swiss trip , we are planning to stay in Engelberg we are arriving on day 01 from paris via Zurich, hope that is the best option as paris // zurich will be a direct train.

we are going for the 04 days swiss pass option which will be used from day 2 with a visit to Mt Titlis. day 3 we want to go Jungfrau day 4 is not yet planned but would love to go on the goldenpass and be around interlaken area and explore the full day and include halder klum ( some suggestions ) Day 5 is not yet planned but would like to do pilatus day 06 we are moving to Zurich since we have an early morning flight the next day so we will stay in Zurich that night and do the Rhine falls.

Since we are doing Mt Titlis on Day 2 // a 4 days swiss pass would be ideal for us what do you suggest or is there an alternate option. and other suggested itinerary you would recommend. also are we eligible for a discount on Mt Titlis since we are holding a swiss pass but the validity will start the next day.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 March 2017 at 17:22:16 #859696

Hi Symkot,

I think the Swiss Travel Pass would be best yes. You could opt for the 4 day or even the 8 day to cover all your travels?

You can’t get the Mt. Titlis discount unless you are traveling with a valid Swiss Travel Pass.

As you will be staying in Central Switzerland take a look at our activity guide for the region to give you some ideas of what else you can do.

Is there anything specific you would like to do on Day 5 or other days?

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 March 2017 at 13:30:30 #859697

Hi there,

I have been reading through threads but I’m still not quite sure how to book the best train route since we are traveling from London to Lucerne and I thought we would stay the night there. Should I buy a ticket from London to Basel since I plan on buying an 8 day Swiss Travel Pass? We are probably going to go to Zermatt and we have 4 nights booked in Murren and then going to Zurich to fly to London. I know there is a deadline of March 30 to get the best rates so I just wanted to make sure I have the right idea. I am still questioning the regional pass for the Murren area since I think we will have to take a cog train or cable car.

Thank you so much.

Carla

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 March 2017 at 16:46:28 #859698

Hi Carla,

Yes, exactly, buy a ticket just to Basel and then use your Swiss Travel Pass for the rest of your trips within Switzerland.

I think you are talking about the Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland for the Murren area? I think you are still best off with the Swiss Travel Pass due to the other trips you mention (Zermatt for instance) and it will still give discounts on most cable cars etc (click on the “where it’s Valid” tabs on the rail passes to see more details.

Regards,
    Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 March 2017 at 21:19:48 #859699

Lucas,

Thank you for the information. I have looked at the rates and I can’t seem to find anything under 200 from London-Basel on 11June. I feel like I’m doing something incorrectly; do you have any suggestions.

Thanks,

Carla

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 March 2017 at 5:58:52 #859700

Hi Carla,

The promotion is from Paris to Switzerland. I can find prices for that trip on June 11 for between $75 and $115. You will then need to buy a separate ticket for London to Paris.

Lucas

Arno
    15483 posts
    28 March 2017 at 6:04:05 #859701

There’s a promotion for London to Paris as well, but only for “Comfort” class: http://www.raileurope.com/eur opean-trains/eurostar/how-to-book.html

• The thread ‘Promotion: Paris to Switzerland tickets from €29’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.