Promotional fares for Swiss Travel Pass for April?

• cspratik
    Participant
    44 posts
    4 February 2018 at 19:22:00 #814250

Hey Guys,

Is there any possibilities of announcement of promotional offers for Swiss Travel Pass for the month of April – May 2018 (post 25th April)? I checked everything but it is still not on any website.

Do you suggest to buy it at my home country (India) online or will that be fine if I buy it on Zurich Airport on the day of my arrival?

Thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    4 February 2018 at 21:43:45 #875620

It is much more convenient to buy on line and print at home. Then you just step on train at Zurich instead of queuing to buy at ticket shop. Also provides opportunity to print and carry backup copies.

You only need to buy the week before you travel so you can wait to see if specials emerge.

cspratik
    Participant
    44 posts
    5 February 2018 at 5:16:16 #875621

Thanks a lot. Will wait.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 February 2018 at 16:22:48 #875622

Hi, Can I jump in here and ask does your advice apply to our purchase of Swiss Half Fare card as well? For travel mid Jine should I wait until June 1st to make sure there isn’t a promotion and then purchase online and print?

thanks,

Melissa

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 February 2018 at 18:48:25 #875623

Hi Melissa,

If you are planning to buy the Swiss Half Fare Card online, you can wait as well until the week before you travel. Hopefully there will be a price promotion.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 February 2018 at 18:30:58 #875624

hi

Does the rail fares increase over time as we come near to their scheduled departure dates ?

Because with the Swiss Half fare Card, we will still need to pay half of the higher fares.

So, does it make sense to buy the Half fare card now and the tickets in advance as well?

Thanks

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 February 2018 at 20:43:50 #875625

Hi Pragun,

The rail fares do not increase over time. You don’t have to buy the tickets in advance.

• The thread ‘Promotional fares for Swiss Travel Pass for April?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.