Proposal in Lauterbrunnen -where to & photographer

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 June 2018 at 13:44:47 #816540

Hi! I am planning to do a surprise proposal to my girlfriend in lauterbrunnen this August. I would like to ask where is the best spot to do so in lauterbrunnen or are any recommended freelance photographer I can employ? 🙂

Would greatly appreciate any help! 🙂

Thank you in advance!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 June 2018 at 16:59:48 #887833

Hi Hentheman and welcome to MySwissAlps!

I couldn’t tell you the best spots in Lauterbrunnen for a proposal but perhaps in front of Staubbach or in Trummelbach Falls? Another thought is to go up into the mountains and out of the valley. Even getting to Wengen or Mürren might provide for a better backdrop. Or go right up to Jungfraujoch or Schilthorn.

A photography company like this one: https://www.alpinphoto .com/your-photographers/?lang=en might have more details for you.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    Arno
    15471 posts
    9 June 2018 at 19:15:41 #887835

Who wouldn’t say yes amidst of that scenery 🙂

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    9 June 2018 at 19:22:30 #887836

<<“Who wouldn’t say yes amidst of that scenery :-)”>>

I don’t know. Perhaps they wold be too distracted by the scenery to pay attention? 😉

By the way, the view of the Lauterbrunnen Valley that I posted is almost identical to the view from the church on the outskirts of Wengen. There is a nice lookout at that church. I shot from a bit below the church, near the rail line.

Slowpoke

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 June 2018 at 23:35:42 #887837

If you want to go to the lookout at the church, from where you get the view in Slowpoke’s first photo, it is about a 5-10-minute walk from Wengen station. Here are the directions:

From the station, head left up the main street lined with shops and hotels (Dorfstrasse), past the Hotel Silberhorn on the right, Männlichen cable car on the right, Hotel Bernerhof on the left, and uphill a bit past the Hotel Schönegg on the right and a chemist on the left. At the top of the hill, you will see a path on the left leading to the Swiss Protestant Church, where there is a lookout and seats.

I have attached a map.

Alpenrose

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 June 2018 at 13:59:50 #887838

Thank you everyone for the quick and very helpful replies! Really feeling the Swiss love here 🙂 Just another enquiry, would it be very touristy during august in the areas you all have suggested? If yes, any other recommendations where to find a beautiful backdrop for a proposal?

Thank you so much once again!

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    10 June 2018 at 22:32:44 #887839

Hi Slowpoke,

Looking forward to hearing (and seeing) how you went in the photographers carriage on the GPEX on your recent trip. 🤓

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    11 June 2018 at 0:30:52 #887840

<<“Looking forward to hearing (and seeing) how you went in the photographers carriage on the GPEX on your recent trip.”>>

8 GB of photos.

Please start another thread..

Your question will be answered in the order in which it was received.

Wir danken Ihnen für Ihr Verständnis.

You probably never heard that in Switzerland.

It is what they say after they announce a delay on the trains in Germany.

Slowpoke

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 June 2018 at 5:25:46 #887841

Hi Hentheman,

Yes, the Jungfrau region in general will be quite busy in August. Mornings might be the best option.
    If you find a local photographer they might be able to suggest a hidden gem in the area.

• The thread ‘Proposal in Lauterbrunnen -where to & photographer’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10720 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.