Public holiday Nov. 1 in Lucerne - shops closed?

Public holiday Nov. 1 in Lucerne - shops closed?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Sofi123
Sofi123
12 posts
Oct 11, 2017 - 2:21 PM

Hello,

As I noticed that 01 November 2017 is a public holiday, but I will be heading to Luzern from Zurich on this day.

I would like to know if the timing of public transport will not be as every day and if the shops and restaurants will be closed.

Thank you,

Lucas
Lucas
7164 posts
expert &
Oct 11, 2017 - 4:23 PM in reply to Sofi123

Hi Sofi123,

Yes it is All Saints day and while it isn't an official holiday everywhere in Switzerland, it is in Lucerne. Zurich should be unaffected.
I'm not sure though how many shops and restaurants will be closed in Lucerne though.

I would anticipate public transport isn't effected too much (you can check the timetable online and see) though.

Perhaps be prepared that some places may be closed. Pretend it is a Sunday and be happy if you find stores open? :)

Last modified on Oct 12, 2017 - 7:05 AM by Arno
fredch
fredch
51 posts
Oct 12, 2017 - 5:56 AM in reply to Lucas

Hotels, restaurants, movies, most stores, etc. will be open. Probably no local newspaper. possibly true for mail. Timetables will be the same.

This is a catholic holiday. Luzern is a catholic Kanton. In the old days, a lot would be closed. Not anymore.

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018