Public transport to Schwarzhorn Hotel in Gruben

Public transport to Schwarzhorn Hotel in Gruben

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
stevfaas
stevfaas
1 post
May 6, 2017 - 9:43 PM

Is there public transportation (bus, rail, other....) from Visp to the Schwarzhorn Hotel in Gruben . It looks like you can travel there by way of the Turtmanna Road, but I have not been able to discern of there is public transportation. When I do bus/train searches, it looks like there is bus transportation , but the time duration is 2+ hours for the ~33km route. Is that because it goes via many other stops? Or am I going to a 'different' Gruben, Switzerland location, than the one I want?

Any help on the best way to travel from Visp to Gruben would be appreciated. Thanks much!!

Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
May 7, 2017 - 8:11 AM in reply to stevfaas

Hi, and welcome to MySwissAlps!

>> Is there public transportation (bus, rail, other....) from Visp to the Schwarzhorn Hotel in Gruben.

As far as I can tell, there is no public transport from Visp to Gruben VS (Gruben in Valais). The Schwarzhorn Hotel seems to be a remote hotel catering to hikers. Is that what you were looking for?

If it is, I would suggest contacting the hotel and asking them what transport options are available. I suspect you would have to get a taxi if you don't have a car.

>> Or am I going to a 'different' Gruben, Switzerland location, than the one I want?

Quite possibly. There are several places by that name in Switzerland. The one you want is Gruben VS.

Alpenrose

Last modified on May 7, 2017 - 8:13 AM by Removed user

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018