Purchase of hotel card for a 50% discount?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Joanne82
Joanne82
8 posts
Jan 31, 2017 - 1:31 PM

Hi I was reading some sites that indicates we can purchase a hotalcard n use it to book hotels in Switzerland at a 50% discount... is that true?

Arno
Arno
11354 posts
expert &
Jan 31, 2017 - 4:05 PM

Hi Joanne,

Can you provide a link so I can have a look? In general such cards often come with requirements like a minimum number of bookings, paying for daily dinner in the hotel, or limited room availability. For affordable hotels without the need for a card, please check this page.

Joanne82
Joanne82
8 posts
Jan 31, 2017 - 11:57 PM
Arno
Arno
11354 posts
expert &
Feb 1, 2017 - 1:10 PM in reply to Joanne82

Thanks for that Joanne! I have seen that website before but don't know much about it. There hasn't been just good press:

I think the offer is legitimate, but one has to be very careful when booking rooms and comparing prices. It's common to not actually get a 50% discount compared to the normal rates (some even mentioned to pay more than the normal rate). If you are willing to check and don't mind the restrictions of hotel and room choices, you could give it a try. I don't see any requirements like having dinner in the hotel. Personally I prefer not to have restrictions and book through well known booking sites (easy cancellation) or in some cases directly with the hotel.

Joanne82
Joanne82
8 posts
Feb 1, 2017 - 2:03 PM

Hi Arno thanks for helping me to look into it.

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018