Purchase of Swiss Travel Pass

Purchase of Swiss Travel Pass

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
udayssen
udayssen
2 posts
Apr 17, 2018 - 5:58 AM

Hi,

We will be travelling to Switzerland on April 26 from Innsbruck. I have already purchased ticket till Buchs SG on railjet and will be reaching the station by 9:00 AM in the morning. My final destination is Lucerne via Uznach and Arth-Goldau. Since it is bit late I am planning to buy the Swiss travel pass from Buchs SG station. As per this page: www.sbb.ch/en/station-services/railway-stations/further-stations/station.9404. buchs-sg.html, the travel cards can be bought on station from 7:00 AM in the morning. Is there any recommendation in favor of buying it earlier online from SBB or HappyRail?

HappyRail has standard delivery option with CHF 0 but I am not sure whether this is "print at home" option or not. It also has not mentioned the amount to be charged for credit card.

Thanks and Regards,

Uday

Chantal
Chantal
944 posts
top member
Apr 17, 2018 - 9:16 AM in reply to udayssen

Hi Uday,

The HappyRail option is the print at home one so I believe that this is more convenient. No need to queue at the station.

I'm not sure I there's a credit card fee. It says 'no additional charges'. You can order the Swiss Travel Pass from this webpage: www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/price.

Arno
Arno
10762 posts
expert &
Apr 17, 2018 - 9:41 AM

Hello Uday,

You have plenty of time left to print your pass at home. That prevents getting off the train in Buchs and waiting for the next one. There are no additional charges (except for Maestro and Paypal payments I believe), either via the official SBB tourist webshop at https://www.swissrailw ays.com/en (select the Online Ticket delivery option) or through Happyrail at https://www.happyrail. com/en/pass/europe/swi tzerland/swiss-travel-pass-consecutive. If ordered today you'll receive the pass today or tomorrow.

Have a good trip!

Last modified on May 17, 2018 - 5:27 PM by Arno
udayssen
udayssen
2 posts
Apr 17, 2018 - 2:58 PM

Hi Arno and Chantal,

Thank you very much for your recommendation. I have purchased ticket for me and my wife as well as family card for my daughter from HappyRail. I hope to get the passes by tomorrow. Indeed there was no charge for using my MasterCard prepaid card. And I also saved few CHF.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018