About us | Contact | n%2Fa | n%2Fa
Home Get in touch Forum Purchasing Jungfrau Travel Pass
MySwissAlps features commercial and non-commercial links.

Purchasing Jungfrau Travel Pass

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
JCNSCN
JCNSCN
3 posts
Jul 29, 2020 - 10:27 AM

My husband and I are visiting Wengen and then Thun from Aug1-15 th. We have a half price fare card. We have not yet bought any passes because where we hike will be weather dependent. We do want to see Jungfraujoch however. Can we buy the Jungfrau travel passes ( for 3,5,8 days) on the day for immediate use or do they need to be booked in advance ?

Thank you

SaraC
SaraC
28 posts
Jul 29, 2020 - 2:27 PM

Hi JCNSCN, welcome to MySwissAlps!

You can purchase the Jungfrau travel pass on the same day you need it at local railway stations: https://www.myswissalps.com/jungfrautravelpass/price

Hope this was helpful!

Kind regards, Sara

Arnami
Arnami
29 posts
Jul 29, 2020 - 7:39 PM

Hello JCNSCN,

We went to jungfrau last week and the weather was unpredictable so we reached lauterbrunen first ( our hotel was there) and then after checking the weather through live cam across the tourist info counter at lauterbrunen station we bought the jungfrau pass along with jungfrau train ticket( discounted due to jungfrau pass) and travelled immidiately to too of Europe.

We had swiss pass as we travelled from Geneva to Interlaken to lucern ( a long trip) so we got discount on the jungfrau pass).We bought it last moment no prob at all. Although you can buy it online and happyrail gives you slightly better rate.

Hope my experience helps you.

Wish you all the best.

JCNSCN
JCNSCN
3 posts
Jul 29, 2020 - 9:37 PM in reply to SaraC

Thank you

JCNSCN
JCNSCN
3 posts
Jul 29, 2020 - 9:38 PM in reply to Arnami

Thank you- this is good to know because the weather is unpredictable.

SWISS TRAVEL MUST KNOWS

All you need to know about traveling by train, bus or car in Switzerland.

More

NEED SOME TIPS ON WHERE TO SLEEP?

Hand picked Swiss hotels and other accommodations are right here.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2020