Purchasing tickets Interlaken to Murren

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 September 2019 at 16:29:52 #823810

We are having a blast during our first stop in Lucerne (sunny and 70 today). Tomorrow we leave for Murren. My question is when and where do I purchase the additional fare necessary to get from Interlaken to Murren using my STP? I see that the train/lift/train are timed to move one to the top effortlessly. Can I purchase necessary tickets at an SBB office or does each unit ticket separately?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

JaneEB
    Participant
    219 posts
    10 September 2019 at 17:43:39 #922030

Hi Brdoo

Your Swiss Travel Pass covers the fares to Murren, in fact, you can travel free to the top of the Schilthorn using the pass. You do not need tickets from Interlaken to Murren. There are two way to get to Murren from Lauterbrunnen. Either via the cable car to Grütschalp and then train to Murren or via a bus and then the cable car at Stechelberg.

Just get on the trains/bus and show your pass when asked.

http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/howtouse

However, you may have show your pass at the ticket office at the cable car station at Lauterbrunnen to get a free ticket to get through the ticket barrier when taking the cable car from Lauterbrunnen to Grütschalp. I know you have to do this at Stechelberg cable car station if you take the bus to Stechelberg and then the cable cars from there to Gimmelwald and then Murren.

Have you seen the Validity Map for the Swiss Travel Pass? Click on How to Travel, followed by Rail Passes and Tickets, Swiss Travel Pass, Where its Valid and then Download the Map.

Hope this of help.

Jane

• The thread ‘Purchasing tickets Interlaken to Murren’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10940 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.