Eurail Select Pass & discounts in Switzerland

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 March 2018 at 8:45:03 #814765

Hi there,

It’s my first free & easy trip to europe, so I’ve got a couple of questions to ask. I’ll appreciate if you guys can help me out! 🙂

I’ll be traveling to Europe (mid april) total 3 adults. We’ll be visiting Italy, France, Switzerland and we’re planning to get the Eurail global select pass ( 3 countries ) Would that be the best choice for us?

Also, could you help me understand this a little better? I saw some discounts on certain boat / train rides within Switzerland if we do own the Eurail select pass , is that right?

We’re thinking of visiting Jungfraujoch or Mount Titlis & Lake Thun. I think there’s a 25% off for Jungfraujoch and free boat ride to & fro for Lake Thun?

If all information is correct, could I also ask you to help advise where should we do the bookings/reservations for these locations ? Are we able to do it online or only at the attractions. ( eg. flash our eurail passes or something? )

Thank you in advance for the help!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    14 March 2018 at 8:53:26 #878787

You are pretty much on the money. Just flash your pass and hand over the appropriate CHF. See http://www.myswissalps.com/eu railselectpass/validit y

Don’t worry about prior “bookings”.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 March 2018 at 12:17:41 #878788

Hi Jaeet7, thanks for the new post. No worries about the other one! It’ll be more helpful for you to have your own thread on the topic.

The Eurail Select Pass will offer you some free travel and some discounted travel in Switzerland yes. You can see more details about that on our validity page here.

That link shows you a PDF map of routes covered as well as a list of popular attractions and applicable discounts – indeed just show the rail pass and they will charge you the appropriate amount at the ticket office.

Lake Thun is free and you get a 25% off the trip between Interlaken and Jungfraujoch (I’m not sure where you are departing from on this day). Swiss rail passes, like the Swiss Travel Pass offer better discounts and may or may not be a better choice for you (depending on your itinerary).

To know for sure if that is the best pass for you, read our page on how to choose the best rail pass. You’ll need to plan out all your trips here (by train, bus, boat, cable car) and do the math.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 March 2018 at 16:54:50 #878789

Thank you all for the replies!

Lucas – I’ll be in Switzerland ( Interlaken ) for about 2 full days only and I’ll be off to france. Thats why I’m planning to get the Eurail Select pass for my train rides and enjoy some offers at the same time! 🙂

Thanks for all the links! I’ll have a look at them.

Appreciate it!

• The thread ‘Eurail Select Pass & discounts in Switzerland’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.