Query regarding swiss pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 October 2012 at 23:07:51 #805664

Hi,

I would be going to Switzerland from Paris on 28th Oct with my wife and two kids aged 1.5 and 4 years. My travel plans are as follows:
    28.10.2012 paris to interlaken
    29.10.2012 Visit Mt jungfrau
    30.10.2012 visit saanen and return by Golden Pass Train (Half-day tour) and other half local tour
    31.10.2012 Interlaken to Lucerne. Local tour
    1.11.2012. Mt. titlis
    2.11.2012 Visit Transport museum and also swiss knife factory
    3.11.2012. visit mt rigi/pilatus.
    4.11.2012 Lucerne to Karlsruhe by Train.

During my stay in switzerland would it be better to buy the swiss card/pass.

I am little confused about the best card to buy. Please advise.

with wishes,
    chmrg

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    19 October 2012 at 7:11:41 #837353

Hi chmrg! Since you’ll be traveling in October/November, you can make use of the 2 for 1 deal on the 4 day Swiss Saver Flexi Pass. This would definitely work, using free travel days on October 28, 30, November 4 and either October 30 or November 3, depending on your exact plans. The Swiss legs of your inbound and outbound trips, and further trips in Switzerland (with the exception of mountain transportation) will be for free on these days. Traveling on the remaining days will be discounted.

You can also look into the 2 for 1 deal on the 4 day Swiss Saver Pass. You could buy two sets of this offer to cover all 8 days of your stay. This is the easiest solution, as you’ll only have to buy additional (discounted) tickets for mountain transportation. It’s not necessarily the cheapest solution though, I think. You would have to make calculations to find out. But both options will be cheaper than not using a rail pass and buying regular tickets.

• The thread ‘Query regarding swiss pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.