Question about ID for Swiss Transfer Ticket

Question about ID for Swiss Transfer Ticket

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
DiogoF
DiogoF
1 post
Jan 24, 2017 - 4:44 PM

Hello to all first i want to congratulate MySwissAlps.com for the quality and help given at this amazing website ;) , i would like to know if someone could help with this question please, i´m traveling to Switzerland next month and i want to buy a Swiss Transfer Ticket to travel from Geneve Airport to Zermatt via Visp but when i was doing the reservations on the SBB.ch website i saw it requested the passport.....is the passport mandatory to buy and present it together with the ticket? only because my passport has expired last year and at the moment i only have my national ID Card....that is acepted all over EU....i would like to know if i can book the Swiss Transfer Ticket using my National ID Card or with my expired passport and if i will have any kind of problems due to it ...

My best regards Diogo Ferreira

Arno
Arno
9668 posts
expert &
Jan 24, 2017 - 7:43 PM

Hi Diogo,

Thank you for joining MySwissAlps! Any official travel document is fine, so your national ID card will work as well. You do not need reservations for trains in Switzerland by the way. It's more convenient to not book a seat. That way you can take any train, and there's no risk of loosing the reservation fee if your plane is late.

All you need is the Swiss Transfer Ticket. You can print it at home. Please see the SBB tourist webshop at www.swissrailways.com/ en. After filling out your address, they will show the delivery options. Pick "Online Ticket" from the bottom of the list. They will e-mail the ticket within 1-3 business days (no delivery fees).

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017