Participant
    72625 posts
    10 May 2013 at 23:08:17 #805981

Hello there,
    I ll be going to swiss on the 28th of May
    and we will be entering Switzerland from Paris reaching Geneva
    my trip will be roughly like
    Day 1
    Geneva — Chexbres Village (using route passby Lausanne to drop my luggage)
    Rivaz — Spiez (using route passby Lausanne to collect my luggage)
    Spiez — Interlaken — lauterbrunnen
    Q1.Can i purchase my ticket from Rivaz directly to Lauterbrunnen and stop by Spiez for a stop of 1 – 2 hours? which one is better a combine ticket or separate ticket.
    Day 2
    Jungfrau
    Day 3
    Lauterbrunnen — Luzern
    Luzern — Bellinzona
    Bellinzona — Locarno
    Day 4
    Locarno — Bellinzona
    Bellinzona — Venesia
    Q2,.As Bellinzona — Locarno route i have purchase in day 3, can i reuse it on day 4 just in case i need it to get back to hotel?
    Q3.All the trip above i m planning to use it with swiss half fare card as it looks cheaper, is there anywhere to double confirm it?
    Q4. i have purchase ticket from lyon de gare to Geneva , and ticket from Bellinzona to Locarno online, and i read somewhere saying that the train ticket can claim for VAT. is it true? if so how can i claim it? as i didnt register under SBB user. Do i need to keep my printed copy as proof?
    Q5. i notice that there is machine selling train ticket on the station? can i purchase it using my credit card? as i m aware, the credit card i m holding doesnt have PIN, only require to sign during swiping my credit card.

Thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 May 2013 at 6:46:12 #838627

Hi
    I live in switzerland and use the train to get to work so
    Q1 Yes, you can by a ticket in the machine at Rivaz, it is better to buy a straight through ticket. You are allowed to break your journey during the day of travel.
    Q2 No, a swiss ticket is only valid for the day of travel.
    Q3 The swiss half fare card would be valid, just specify you have it when buying the ticket (even in the machine) . You will be asked to produce it on the train with the ricket though by the ticket inspector.
    Q4 Dont know
    Q5 The machines on the station definitely take credit cards, I am not sure about pin less ones though, ask in Geneva station.

Hope this helps

• The thread ‘Question about rail from Geneva to Interlaken’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10720 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.