Question about Saver Say Pass and companion ticket

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 April 2019 at 15:15:29 #821291

Hi,

My wife and I are traveling to Lucerne in July and later going to Milan. I read about the Saver day pass and companion ticket. Is this kind of booking valid for travel from Arth-Goldau to Milan on Eurocity train.

Buy Saver day pass for self: 52 CHF

Buy Companion Ticket for Wife: 38 CHF

Buy ticket from Chiasso to Milano on EC from trenitalia ~ about 20 CHF each.

I understand that if I buy the ticket only from Chiasso to Milano, I will get seat reservation only on that leg of the journey.

I tried booking the same ticket on SBB website to get seat reservation for the whole trip from Arth-Goldau to Milan, but there is no option to select Saver day pass, but there is a GA pass option.

Can I select that option to buy reduced fare, and later on show the saver day pass to the train conductor?

• The thread ‘Question about Saver Say Pass and companion ticket’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.