Question for Swiss Pass mailing time

• Tommyc
    Participant
    17 posts
    14 July 2012 at 0:26:07 #805436

Hello, I am new to this forum.
    I am going to travel Italy by October 4 for 10 days, then to Swtzerland for 5 days (October 14-17). My Switzerland itinery is from Milan to Tirano and catch the Bernina Express to Lucern, stay in Lucern for 4 nights, visit Mt. Pilatus, Mt.Titlis and Interlaken, then to Zurich catch a flight to London continue my journey. My Question is:
    1. Is my Itinery in Switzerland good for only 4 and half days? This is my first time to Switzerland.
    2. What’s the temperature in Lucern in middle of October, and up in the mountain?
    3. I had purchase a Swiss Saver 2for1 pass for 4 days from Swissrailway.com, they said will ship out the passes approximately 2 till 3 weeks prior to departure. My concern is will it be enough time for me to receive the ticket before I leave? Do I need to do anything? Keep in mind that the pass I purchase is October 14 -17, but I will leave home October 4.
    Looking forward to your advice. Many thanks!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7104 posts
    16 July 2012 at 10:15:13 #836636

Hi Tommyc, and welcome! Yes, I think your itinerary is fine. For a first visit of only a few days I too would prefer the Lucerne or Interlaken region. It’s hard to predict anything about the weather, but generally it will be pretty cold up in the mountains by October. Temperatures in Lucerne may vary, but these diagrams on average weather circumstances may be of some help (just enter Luzern in the search box).

You should receive your passes well before October 4. But if you’re concerned, you can best contact Switzerland Travel Centre and ask for specifics about your order and delivery dates.

I’m not sure if you booked hotels yet, but the hotel page (listing centrally located hotels in Lucerne, Zurich and near Zurich Airport) may be convenient.

• The thread ‘Question for Swiss Pass mailing time’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.