Question Glacier Express and Saver Day Pass ticket

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 February 2018 at 15:10:55 #814340

Hello a my Swiss Alps

I just need a question answered before I make a booking on the Glacier Express , I will be travelling from St Moritz to Zermatt . I see you can only book the seat reservation 3 months ahead and the ticket for the Glacier Pass train is separate only bookable 2 months in advance.

So can I book the seat reservation now on the Glacier Express Website and a month before travel book a Single Saver Day Pass Ticket on the SBB mobile app for the same day and time of travel . I would then have the seat reservation from the Glacier Express Website printed and the ticket for the journey from The SBB App is that correct ? I see the Saver day pass works out at CHF88 for this journey on the Glacier Express looking 30 days ahead.

Thanks

Aidanhols

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 February 2018 at 16:54:37 #876189

Hi Aidanhols, and welcome to MySwissAlps,

Correct, you can book the seat reservations for the Glacier Express 3 months ahead. You could do it here. The Saver Day Pass can be booked 30 days in advance. And you should be able to get it cheaper than CHF 88,-, like CHF 52. Find more information here. Yes, you will have your seat reservation printed and the train ticket from the SBB App.

Is that the only trip you’re going to do by train? If not you may want to look at rail passes in Switzerland.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 February 2018 at 9:32:25 #876190

Hi Chantal thank you very much for your answer , very helpful indeed , the price CHF 88 was First Class , CHF 52 Second Class with the Saver Day Pass . So I’ll go ahead and book the seat reservation with the Glacier Express for now and wait for the Saver Day Pass to become available 30 days before I travel .

SBB App just one final question , you don’t need a Half fare travel card to get the Saver Day Pass , it’s available 30 days in advance or less and available to all with limited availability, just double checking ?

Again thank you for your answers !

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 February 2018 at 9:47:57 #876191

I didn’t realize you were talking about First Class.

Correct, you don’t need a Swiss Half Fare Card and the tickets are available from 30 days in advance up to the day before travel. They cannot be purchased on the day of travel.

Since this pass is popular, the cheapest tickets sell out quickly. I would put a reminder in your calendar.

• The thread ‘Question Glacier Express and Saver Day Pass ticket’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11020 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.