Question on 3 day Swiss rail pass flex

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Bynaples
Bynaples
1 post
Jan 22, 2017 - 8:17 PM

I would very much appreciate help on the best Swiss rail pass to get, based on my itinerary.

May13-14 Zurich to Murren, 2 nights, Up to Shilthorn on day 2

May 15-16 Wengen 2 nights, on the 17th taking boat from Interlaken W, across Lake Thun to Thun. While it n Wengen, might do the trip to the Top of Europe.

May 17 Thun 1 night

May 18 Thun to Domodossola and Domodossola to Stresa, It.

I am thinking that a Swiss flex pass would be the way to go, I realize that I would need a ticket thru Trenitalia from Domodossola to Stresa. Did not know if the half fare pass would be something to consider instead. Thanks for any help.

Lucas
Lucas
10401 posts
expert &
Jan 23, 2017 - 7:34 AM in reply to Bynaples

Hi Bynaples and welcome to MySwissAlps!

You may want to look at the 4 day Swiss Travel Pass as it will either cover all your rail trips and public transit during your stay or at least offer a discount (Jungfraujoch and Schilthorn). Even the 8 day pass perhaps could work as you have 6 days of travel inside Switzerland and the passes offers other perks as well.

Alternatively you could combine the Swiss Travel Pass Flex and the Swiss half-fare card but be sure to do the math to help you decide what is best.

Here is a link to help you choose the best pass which has an excel sheet to help you do the math I mentioned above.

Finally here is a link to buying train tickets for Italy.

All the best,
Lucas

Last modified on Jan 23, 2017 - 6:59 PM by Lucas

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019