Question on 3 day Swiss rail pass flex

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Bynaples
Bynaples
1 post
Jan 22, 2017 - 8:17 PM

I would very much appreciate help on the best Swiss rail pass to get, based on my itinerary.

May13-14 Zurich to Murren, 2 nights, Up to Shilthorn on day 2

May 15-16 Wengen 2 nights, on the 17th taking boat from Interlaken W, across Lake Thun to Thun. While it n Wengen, might do the trip to the Top of Europe.

May 17 Thun 1 night

May 18 Thun to Domodossola and Domodossola to Stresa, It.

I am thinking that a Swiss flex pass would be the way to go, I realize that I would need a ticket thru Trenitalia from Domodossola to Stresa. Did not know if the half fare pass would be something to consider instead. Thanks for any help.

Lucas
Lucas
9597 posts
expert &
Jan 23, 2017 - 7:34 AM in reply to Bynaples

Hi Bynaples and welcome to MySwissAlps!

You may want to look at the 4 day Swiss Travel Pass as it will either cover all your rail trips and public transit during your stay or at least offer a discount (Jungfraujoch and Schilthorn). Even the 8 day pass perhaps could work as you have 6 days of travel inside Switzerland and the passes offers other perks as well.

Alternatively you could combine the Swiss Travel Pass Flex and the Swiss half-fare card but be sure to do the math to help you decide what is best.

Here is a link to help you choose the best pass which has an excel sheet to help you do the math I mentioned above.

Finally here is a link to buying train tickets for Italy.

All the best,
Lucas

Last modified on Jan 23, 2017 - 6:59 PM by Lucas

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018