Question on 3 day Swiss rail pass flex

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 January 2017 at 20:17:46 #810638

I would very much appreciate help on the best Swiss rail pass to get, based on my itinerary.

May13-14 Zurich to Murren, 2 nights, Up to Shilthorn on day 2

May 15-16 Wengen 2 nights, on the 17th taking boat from Interlaken W, across Lake Thun to Thun. While it n Wengen, might do the trip to the Top of Europe.

May 17 Thun 1 night

May 18 Thun to Domodossola and Domodossola to Stresa, It.

I am thinking that a Swiss flex pass would be the way to go, I realize that I would need a ticket thru Trenitalia from Domodossola to Stresa. Did not know if the half fare pass would be something to consider instead. Thanks for any help.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 January 2017 at 7:34:28 #858351

Hi Bynaples and welcome to MySwissAlps!

You may want to look at the 4 day Swiss Travel Pass as it will either cover all your rail trips and public transit during your stay or at least offer a discount (Jungfraujoch and Schilthorn). Even the 8 day pass perhaps could work as you have 6 days of travel inside Switzerland and the passes offers other perks as well.

Alternatively you could combine the Swiss Travel Pass Flex and the Swiss half-fare card but be sure to do the math to help you decide what is best.

Here is a link to help you choose the best pass which has an excel sheet to help you do the math I mentioned above.

Finally here is a link to buying train tickets for Italy.

All the best,
    Lucas

• The thread ‘Question on 3 day Swiss rail pass flex’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.