Question Grindelwald, Jungfrau, Schilthorn & Thun

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 September 2018 at 16:28:28 #818487

1) I will be staying in Wengen, for 3 days. However, for the first day I would be arriving around 3pm so I reckon would it be a too late if I were to go for Jungfrau or the Grindelwald cliff walk. What would be the suggestions if I were to plan on exploring around Wengen for the rest of the day ?

2) If I’m trying to make my way to Grindelwald from Wengen, am I correct to take the train from Wengen to Grindelwald and then take a gondola from Grindelwald ?

3) What would the possible combinations if i plan to complete the 4 places in 2 days ?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 September 2018 at 6:07:49 #896751

Hi DSL,

1. You are traveling in late September right? You’ll just have a couple hours of day light by then. The easiest option would be to go up Männlichen cable car but time is limited for a return trip. You could also head to Trummelbach falls, or explore Wengen or Lauterbrunnen leisurely.
    2. You can either train to Zweilütschinen via Lauterbrunnen and change trains there to head to Grindelwald or take the Männlichen cable car up to Männlichen and then another cable car to Grindelwald Grund (and bus to the town center (7 or 8 minutes).
    3. There would be many combinations for travel. Best to wait for the weather and choose which area looks best – then use the timetable to plan the trip there: http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable – I’d combine Grindelwald and the cliff walk on First with Jungfraujoch on 1 of the days and the other 2 the next day, if possible.
  • The thread ‘Question Grindelwald, Jungfrau, Schilthorn & Thun’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.