Bernina Express tickets after seat reservations

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 March 2019 at 3:13:10 #820504

I just purchased my seat reservations for the Bernina Express journey in September. I did this as a guest on the train site and did not register. When I go to purchase the tickets within two months of travel, I am not sure how the site knows that I already purchased my seat reservations.

I tried to do a “dummy” purchase for next month and it required me to purchase both a seat reservation and a fare. There was no way that I could see to indicate that I already had purchased a seat reservation.

If the site doesn’t let me do this; will I be able to go to the train station the day of the Bernina Express in Chur and show them my purchase order for seat reservations and then just purchase the train fare?

Thanks for your help.

PS I subsequently registered with the Rhaetian railway, but I don’t see how I can show my prior purchase.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    20 March 2019 at 4:16:30 #907038

Hello Djjr,

If you have a printout of your reservation you are done with the RHB website. You can buy a ticket at anytime on-line or at any station in Switzerland up to the time you board. Use the SBB Timetable (bit.ly/2HH1U7B) to buy your ticket on-line. If you are not familiar with using the timetable it will pay to first read the instructions on this page – http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable.

You don’t need a ticket if you have a Swiss Travel Pass (for example).

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 March 2019 at 12:35:52 #907039

Hi Djjr,

As Rockoyster said tickets can be purchased separately from seat reservations. Have a look at this link for more info: http://www.myswissalps.com/be rninaexpress/tickets

Have a great trip!

Maria.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 March 2019 at 15:01:59 #907040

Thank you both for your responses…you have been very helpful.

• The thread ‘Bernina Express tickets after seat reservations’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.