Reservations Golden Pass line for October 29

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 October 2019 at 22:21:01 #824267

Hello There,

We will be in Switzerland from Oct 27th through Nov 2nd. We bought the Swiss travel pass for 8 consecutive days. We will be in Lucern from Oct27th-Oct29th, we plan on leaving Lucern to go to montreux via golden pass line. Now that i have the swiss pass, how do I make reservation for the golden pass ?

Thank you!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    20 October 2019 at 23:44:36 #924017

You can make reservations for the Golden Pass Line (http://www.myswissalps.com/go ldenpass) including seat selection at bit.ly/2kaq6Rf. Click the “e” for English language top right of the page. (where it says “Sprachwahl: d i f e”). Then change the class of travel, date of travel and start/end points to suit. Reservations are not compulsory but are recommended on the Zweisimmen to Montreux leg (which is where the Panoramic and Belle Époque trains operate) during peak tourist season.

At the time of year you are travelling reservations are most likely unnecessary.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 October 2019 at 6:01:57 #924018

Thank you for the inform.

This is how I planned our trip, let me know if this makes sense or if you think we should make changes.

Oct 27th-Oct 29th Lucerne (3 nights)

Oct 30th Montreux (1 night)

Oct 31st Interlaken (1 night)

Nov 1st Zurich (1 night)

Or do you thing going from Lucerne to Interlaken and then Montreux makes more sense? we are two familes with two toddlers. Please let me know what makes more sense.

Arno
    15484 posts
    21 October 2019 at 6:25:04 #924019

Hi Chinnari,

You’d best pick the second option. Otherwise you would pass Interlaken on your way to Montreux only to travel back a day later. Another option is to skip staying in Interlaken alltogether. One night stays leave very little time for sightseeing, so that way you could optimize your time in Montreux.

Please see here for details:

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    21 October 2019 at 9:36:19 #924020

Personally I would spend 2 nights in Interlaken (or Lauterbrunnen or Wengen or Mürren) and skip Montreux. Going to Montreux just to experience the Golden Pass route doesn’t seem like a good idea to me. There are much more opportunities to experience the magic of the Alps in the Jungfrau region than the train ride to Montreux. It’s a pleasant enough train ride but not in the same league as visiting Schilthorn for example.

From Lauterbrunnen a very nice circuit to do is to Grütschalp (cable car), Mürren (train), Gimmelwald (cable car), Stechelberg (cable car), Lauterbrunnen (bus). From Mürren you can easily visit Schiltorn (don’t miss The Thrill Walk at Birg) and even Allmendhubel if you have time. In between Stechelberg and Lauterbrunnen the bus stops at the Trummelbach Falls. Well worth a look. The entire circuit and side trips are free with the Swiss Travel Pass in 2019 apart from the Allmendhubel Funicular (50% discount) and the Falls (modest entry fee): https://www.myswissalp s.com/swisstravelpass/ validity.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 October 2019 at 19:44:25 #924021

Thank you very much for the prompt response. We will have a 21month old and 23month old on the trip, can we do all the activities you suggested?

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    22 October 2019 at 20:29:07 #924022

I just checked your travel dates and you need to note services on the route Lauterbrunnen-Grütschalp-Mürren won’t run from October 21 to November 8 2019.

Sorry but I can’t help assess what’s doable with two toddlers in tow but personally I would avoid longer train journeys like Interlaken to Montreux and swapping hotels too often.

• The thread ‘Reservations Golden Pass line for October 29’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.