Jun 11, 2017 - 10:00 PM
We (2 adults and 2 kids < 16 yr old) have about 9-10 day long trip to Switzerland and north Italy in late July. We will be mainly staying in Wengen (4 nights), Luzern (1 night), Chur (1 night), take Bernina Express from Chur to Tirano and then spend 3 nights in North Italy.
We plan to buy Swiss Travel pass -2nd class for 8 consecutive days but I have a few questions about the trains.
1. How do we carry luggage in the trains? We will have about 2 backpacks, 2 carry-ons and 1 or 2 mid-size suitcases. Do we carry them with us in the train or is there a separate compartment for luggage?
2. Is it easy to carry so much luggage on trains? We seem to have 3 connections from Zurich to Wengen?
3. Is there reservation required on Interlaken Luzern Express from Interlaken Ost to Luzern ? Is this the right train which is part of the scenic Golden Pass line?
4. Bernina Express from Chur to Tirano - How many days in advance shall we reserve seats on this train?
5. Bernina Express from Chur to Tirano - if we buy Swiss Travel Pass for 2nd class, how can we upgrade to 1st class for just Bernina Express? Can we do this at the train station at Chur on the day of travel or would it be too late to do that and thus shall I do it on the SBB app a few days before? What do you recommend?
Thanks in advance