Feb 29, 2020 - 1:33 PM
I have done some research for my family of 4 or 5. I will be traveling with my husband, 24 year old son and 21 year old daughter and possibly but probably unlikely my son's fiancee.
When we arrive in Milan will go directly to a hotel in Locarno or Lugano. We can stay for free in Locarno.
We plan to spend 2 nights in one of the towns to get over jet lag, relax, explore a lake and maybe visit the castles in Bellinzona.
Here are my questions:
1. What is the quickest way to get to Locarno from the Malpensa airport and do you know what it costs?
2. What is the most economic way to get Locarno from the Malpensa airport and do you know how long it takes?
3. If we stay in Locarno how do we get to the Gotthard Panorama express train/boat to Lucern? What is the fastest way to get there and cost? What is the most economical way to get there and how long does it take?
4. We may want to explore Lake Lugano from Locarno. How would we get there and how long does it take?
5. If we don't stay in Locarno we will stay in Lugano. Pros and cons of each?