Questions about Swiss Family Card

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Dori
Dori
1 post
Jul 8, 2019 - 9:13 AM

Dear Sir/Madame,

We are going to travel to Switzerland tomorrow. We are going to rent a car and travel through the country and also to some neighbour countries by car. We plan to visit Schiltorn and I saw that it is free with Swiss Family Card. My questions are:

1. Is it enough to buy and can we use this Family Card itself?

2. How many of family cards should we buy? 1 or 2 for the adults (my hubby and me)? The kids (13 and 14) don’t need own cards, am I right?

Thank you for your help. See “you” soon. :)

rockoyster
rockoyster
7111 posts
expert
Jul 8, 2019 - 9:39 AM in reply to Dori

Hello Dori and Welcome to MySwissAlp,

I think you may have misunderstood how this works.

Your kids will travel free with a Swiss Family Card (www.myswissalps.com/sw issfamilycard) which is available for free when acquired in conjunction with a Swiss Travel Pass (www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass) or Swiss Half Fare Card (www.myswissalps.com/sw isshalffarecard). You can't just buy a Swiss Family Card by itself. Sorry.

Maybe you also might want to read www.myswissalps.com/ca rversustrain. BUt that may be a little late for your plans.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019