Swiss Travel Pass for 15 year old nephew

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 May 2018 at 14:45:38 #816138

Hello,

I have a question about Purchasing the Swiss Travel Pass for 8 days. On the Travel Pass, it says that if a parent purchases a ticket their child travels alongside them for free. I am not a parent but I am acting as a guardian to my nephew. Will this discount still apply?

My nephew is 15 years old now but will turn 16 June 1st. We will be starting our travels within Switzerland on the 28th of May. Will he still be considered a child having formerly purchased the 8 days Travel Pass?

If this is not an option, can you recommend any other discounted opportunities?

Thank you,

Nicky Delgadillo

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7104 posts
    21 May 2018 at 17:23:21 #885955

Welcome to MySwissAlps Nicky!

Foster partens are entitled to use the free Swiss Family Card for their foster children. I’m not entirely sure if there’s a difference between foster parents and guardians here. I think you should be fine, but to make sure, you can mention the fact that you’re guardian when ordering the passes and ask if that’s ok.

It’s no problem that your nephew turns 16 during your holiday. As long as he’s 15 on the start day of your Swiss Travel Pass, he can use the free Swiss Family Card during all 8 days.

You can order your Swiss Travel Pass and Swiss Family Card through one of the retailers listed at myswissalps.com/swisst ravelpass/price.

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass for 15 year old nephew’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.