Does ticket to Jungfraujoch include everything?

Does ticket to Jungfraujoch include everything?

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
tritia
tritia
9 posts
May 16, 2017 - 6:12 AM

Hello

I will be staying in Wengen and want to go up to Jungfrau on June 2nd. I have bought Swiss Travel Pass. My questions are:

1. Do I still need to buy the Wengen-Kleine Scheidegg ticket? I thought it would be free if I have Swiss Travel Pass, am I right or wrong? Can I buy the ticket to Jungfrau in Kleine Scheidegg station?

2. I saw in Happy Rail that the ticket from Wengen to Jungfrau cost 148 Euro with Swiss Travel Pass. Does this ticket include EVERYTHING up in Jungfrau? Or just the train ticket to go up there? I am quite confused.

Please help.

Regards

Tritia

Lucas
Lucas
7222 posts
expert &
May 16, 2017 - 7:13 AM in reply to tritia

Hi Tritia,

Yes, you still have to buy a ticket from Wengen or from Grindelwald to Jungfraujoch. You get a 25% discount on this price as a Swiss Travel Pass holder.

Once you have arrived at the top you don't pay to 'enter' Jungfraujoch but there are some activities up there that cost money to use (renting gear for snow activities for example). But if you are going up for the views and some hiking there will be no extra costs.

Lucas

Last modified on May 16, 2017 - 5:01 PM by Arno
tritia
tritia
9 posts
May 17, 2017 - 8:06 AM

I have been browsing about the train ticket to Jungfrau. Can I get it in the train station? I am afraid it will sell out on the D day. I tried to buy it online in Happy Rail for 148 Euro (I do not know whether the Happy Rail has given the discount or not for that price). But I see in SBB.ch that train from Wengen to Jungfrau is only 44 CHF. What is the difference?

Arno
Arno
10757 posts
expert &
May 17, 2017 - 9:31 AM

Hi Tritia,

You can read about how to buy tickets here: myswissalps.com/jungfr aujoch/tickets. The first price you found is the correct price for a return ticket with the discount for Swiss Travel Pass holders included. The other price is not correct and is probably for a single trip only, and for Swiss Half Fare Card holders.

tritia
tritia
9 posts
May 17, 2017 - 12:24 PM in reply to Arno

I see, so that is a return ticket.

Can I depart at whatever time I want with that ticket? or is there any exact schedule written on the ticket?

Regards

Tritia

Arno
Arno
10757 posts
expert &
May 17, 2017 - 12:36 PM in reply to tritia

Hi Tritia,

There will only be a date on the ticket. You can depart when you like, and you can take breaks during the trip too. If asked for a route and time you can omit those details.

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018