Questions on lunch reservation on Glacier Express

• TravisL
    Participant
    23 posts
    10 November 2022 at 14:40:23 #828621

Hi,

I have a few questions about lunch reservation for my trip on Dec 16th, 2022 from Zermatt to Chur. I already have 1st class seat reserved.

1. I want to order the 3-course meal which from the menu looks like it includes soup, dish of the day and dessert. Is it a fixed menu? Can I find out what soup, dish of the day and dessert will be served?

2. I had some plan change and plan to get off the train at Chur instead of St. Moritz, will this impact the lunch schedule?

I see on my seat reservation confirmation the email to reserve the meal is sales @ panoramic-gourmet. ch, is this correct?

Thanks!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 November 2022 at 14:48:44 #948270

Lunch would be completed before the train reaches Chur (it is even possible that the catering crew staff changes at Chur)

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 November 2022 at 22:46:02 #948271

Hi TravisL,

you can find the menu here: http://www.glacierexpress.ch/en/travel-planning/gastronomy-1/. I do not think that you can find out in advance what are the dishes of the day. If you do not want to get a surprise, you can order á la carte too (on board).

They take orders by phone at +41 (0)81 300 15 15 or by email at info (at) panoramic-gourmet (dot) ch

Take care,

Ildiko

More about the Glacier Express: http://www.myswissalps.com/glacierexpress

TravisL
    Participant
    23 posts
    11 November 2022 at 20:12:34 #948272

Thank you 1960man and Ildiko for the great information!

• The thread ‘Questions on lunch reservation on Glacier Express’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.