Quick trip Kriens - Pilatus - Kriens

Quick trip Kriens - Pilatus - Kriens

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
sebko
sebko
2 posts
Oct 23, 2017 - 12:20 PM

Hi guys,

we are staying in Luzern for a day and decided to do a super quick trip to Pilatus Mountain.

We arrive at Luzern Train Station on Sat 18.11 at 12:30 and planning on taking Bus 1 to Kriens Station and take cable car to Pilatus and then cable car back to Kriens. Is it all possible between 12:30 and 16:30?

How long does it take from Kriens to the top of the mountain and how often the cable cars go?

I know we are limited with time but I thought it could be all doable if well planned.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Lucas
Lucas
7211 posts
expert &
Oct 23, 2017 - 12:40 PM in reply to sebko

Hi sebko and welcome to MySwissAlps!

You can use the Swiss railways timetable to plan out your trip. It will take about 1 hour and 15 minutes each way depending on connections.

The timetable lays out all details you need to make the trip. This leaves you with almost an hour and a half to explore Mt. Pilatus - if you need to be back in Luzern by 16:30.

sebko
sebko
2 posts
Oct 23, 2017 - 12:43 PM in reply to Lucas

Thanks for your help Lucas. This is all doable then and will give me enough time to spend an hour on top of the mountain. Perfect. Thanks

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018