Planning Switzerland car & train trip for 10 days

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
RandMarg
RandMarg
14 posts
Nov 20, 2017 - 8:17 PM

My family and I are planning a trip to Switzerland June 2018 We will becoming from Paris and plan to stay 10 days. Plan is to take train from Paris to Lausanne and catch the Golden Pass to Luzern then pick up a car and go to Lauterbrunnen then on to Zermatt and finish off in the Lake Como area before heading back to Zurich. What are your thoughts or comments Also think of getting the Swiss half pass Thanks in advance

rockoyster
rockoyster
4066 posts
expert
Nov 20, 2017 - 9:13 PM in reply to RandMarg

Greetings RandMarg and Welcome to MySwissAlps,

Sounds nice. You might want to consider Lugano rather than Como if you want to stay in Switzerland. Bernina Express and Gotthard Panoramic Express are both very nice scenic ways of getting back to Zurich from Lugano.

Also read this www.myswissalps.com/ca rversustrain.

Lucas
Lucas
9817 posts
expert &
Nov 21, 2017 - 7:54 AM in reply to RandMarg

Yes a car is rarely beneficial for Swiss transport, especially in Lauterbrunnen (once you are there everything is accessible by train or cable car only).

I would still with the train for the whole trip and look at either the Swiss Half Fare Card as you mention or the Swiss Travel Pass (8 or 15 days). If you are staying in Lauterbrunnen for a good part of your stay the Jungfrau Travel Pass would be a good idea (often people buy that and the Swiss Half Fare Card).

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018