Rail pass advice for 5 days in Interlaken

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Asha
Asha
1 post
May 21, 2018 - 7:26 PM

Hello,

My girlfriend and I will be exploring the Jungfrau Region on June 26-30 and staying in Interlaken. We are flying into Milan on June 25 and are planning to take a train to Interlaken on the 26th.

After spending the 26th, 27th, 28th and 29th in Switzerland, we are planning to take a train from Interlaken to Chamonix-Mont Blanc on June 30.

Since this is a span of 5 total days, what Rail Pass option do you recommend for our stay? My interpretation is that a Swiss Travel Pass (or Flex Pass) would cover the trip from Domodossola to Interlaken, and also Interlaken to Chamonix-Mont Blanc. Is that correct?

Would it make the most sense to buy a Flex Pass and use it on the two travel days? Any input you can provide is greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

-Asha

Lucas
Lucas
9215 posts
expert &
May 22, 2018 - 9:51 AM in reply to Asha

Hi Asha and welcome to MySwissAlps!

You are correct on the validity areas of the Swiss Travel Pass (and Swiss Travel Pass Flex which is the same). https://www.myswissalp s.com/swisstravelpass/ validity

The only rail passes that will cover all your Swiss travel (at least every route partially) is the Swiss Travel Pass (or STP Flex). The best rail pass depends on your planned travel each day. I assume your traveling around Interlaken by train or boat or bus or cable car when in Interlaken?

You could get the Swiss Travel Pass (4 days) and use that for your June 26-29 or June 27-30 (whichever 4 days is the most expensive). You could also look at the Jungfrau Travel Pass for 3 or 4 days while in Interlaken and then buy tickets to and from Interlaken separately.

You'll need to plan out all your trips to/from and within Switzerland and compare ticket prices vs. rail passes. How to choose the best rail pass.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018