Rail Pass and reservation panoramic trains

Rail Pass and reservation panoramic trains

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
kapilm3
kapilm3
1 post
Feb 24, 2017 - 8:40 PM

Hi I am planning a trip to switzerland and for that I am buying the swiss pass for 4 days.

Please let me know how it works in panoramic trains like glacier express. How do i get discount in such trains based on this swiss pass as I was trying to book the discounted tickets of glacier express but didn't find any option to do so .

Please help me know the exact process of booking glacier express once i get the swiss passes.

Alpenrose666
Alpenrose666
1237 posts
top member
Feb 25, 2017 - 7:30 AM in reply to kapilm3

If you have the Swiss Travel Pass, you don't need a ticket for the Glacier Express. The trip is covered by the Swiss Travel Pass.

You do need a reservation, and can make it on this site:

shop.glacierexpress.ch /gex_en

When the seating diagram comes up, if you don't like the seats proposed by the booking system (the green seats) click on them to deselect, then click on the seats of your choice, which will turn green. The light grey seats are already reserved; the dark grey seats are still available to be reserved.

Reservations can be made up to 3 months before your travel date. You can make the reservation before or after you buy the Swiss Travel Pass, as long as you produce both the pass and the reservation on request during your journey.

Alpenrose

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017