Rail Pass and reservation panoramic trains

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 February 2017 at 20:40:07 #810893

Hi I am planning a trip to switzerland and for that I am buying the swiss pass for 4 days.

Please let me know how it works in panoramic trains like glacier express. How do i get discount in such trains based on this swiss pass as I was trying to book the discounted tickets of glacier express but didn’t find any option to do so .

Please help me know the exact process of booking glacier express once i get the swiss passes.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 February 2017 at 7:30:04 #859327

If you have the Swiss Travel Pass, you don’t need a ticket for the Glacier Express. The trip is covered by the Swiss Travel Pass.

You do need a reservation, and can make it on this site:

shop.glacierexpress.ch /gex_en

When the seating diagram comes up, if you don’t like the seats proposed by the booking system (the green seats) click on them to deselect, then click on the seats of your choice, which will turn green. The light grey seats are already reserved; the dark grey seats are still available to be reserved.

Reservations can be made up to 3 months before your travel date. You can make the reservation before or after you buy the Swiss Travel Pass, as long as you produce both the pass and the reservation on request during your journey.

Alpenrose

• The thread ‘Rail Pass and reservation panoramic trains’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.