Rail pass for 3 country trip and Zermatt tips

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 March 2020 at 2:51:39 #825403

Hi

We are planning a train trip through Austria, Switzerland and France in January 2021. I am a bit confused about rail passes as I have read the Global Eurail Pass covers travel in Switzerland – so does that mean I don’t need a Swiss Rail Pass? Or maybe, I don’t get a Eurail but do get a Swiss Rail Pass as train travel more expensive in Switzerland.

Whilst in Zermatt we hope to train up Gornergat. We are only there for 3 nights and have read that the weather can be bad, so I was after some bad weather activity options, we are interested in seeing the beauty that Switzerland has to offer, eating chocolate and just generally getting to know the place as best we can on our short visit.

Hoping to hear from you soon, thank you

• The thread ‘Rail pass for 3 country trip and Zermatt tips’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.