Rail pass for a month in Wengen in August

• Mary_R
    Participant
    8 posts
    23 June 2021 at 18:42:57 #825874

Hello,

Looks like our plans for a month in Wengen beginning middle of August will come to pass this year. We will fly into Zurich (from USA). Take train from Zurich to Lauterbrunnen and then up the mountain to Wengen. We intend to spend most of our time in Wengen hiking but may do a day trip to Lucerne or overnight to Zermatt.

From reading your web site info, I think the Half Fare Card would be best as other than the major trip to and from Zurich and perhaps to another area, we will use a lot of the small trains, lifts, gondolas as we go up and down the mountains for hiking.

1. Is the Half Fare Card best for our situation?

2. Do I need any additional regional pass (Bernese Oberland, etc)?

3. Do I purchase the Zurich to Lauterbrunnen ticket and Half Fare Card once we arrive at Zurich airport?

Thanks so much for your help and kudos to the moderators for all of the pandemic information they have provided in the past year plus all the great Swiss traveling tips.

• The thread ‘Rail pass for a month in Wengen in August’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.