Rail Pass for Paris & Swizz

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 July 2015 at 4:30:29 #807529

Hi Experts ,

We are taking a trip to Paris & Swizz.3 nights in paris & 4 Nights in Swizz. We (2 adult) would be travelling with 1 year infant.In paris we intend to travel via train to most common attractions. (Train Journey tickets not booked) after 3 nights in Paris i will be taking train trip to Interlaken OST as i would be staying @ BnB Chalet-Gafri which is at Wilderswil-Interlaken. (Train Journey tickets not booked)

We would be traveling to most common places within swizz like mt. Titlis , jungfrau and other popluar spots. (Train Journey tickets not booked) 1night we plan to stay @ Basel since our return flight will be from basel assuming basel is the nearest airport from Interlaken (Correct if i am wrong) I am really in confused state as to what would be right tickets ?

NOTE: my trip start on 31st July 215 for which i am already late for booking. Please help me what would be the best rail pass ? Eurail France-Switzerland Pass ? Or should i take Paris Pass for Paris + Point to point pass for Paris -> Interlaken and Swizz travel pass to travel within Swiz ? Any suggestions ?

Regards

Sam

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    9 July 2015 at 9:57:18 #844334

Hi Sam,

It looks like you have found a wonderful accommodation in Wilderswil. Don’t buy a Eurail Pass as it does not cover nearly as much as a Swiss Travel Pass around Wilderswil. Please see the below pages to compare in detail:

You need a pass for Paris, a point to point ticket Paris to Basel (as that’s where the Swiss Travel Pass area of validity starts) and a Swiss Travel Pass. Please see the below pages of your retailer in Singapore. More retailers can be found on our pass pages.

Be sure to get the discount: myswissalps.com/forum/ topic/summer-discounts-of-up-to-60-on-rail-passes

The traveling time to Zurich Airport and Basel Airport is equal. Zurich airport is slightly more convenient as there is a train station, while there a bus from Basel SBB to Basel Airport.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 July 2015 at 16:26:35 #844335

Hey arno,

Thanks alot for all your inputs.

In paris i would be travelling for 3 days but the pass is only applicable for 2 days or 4 days ? any option i can buy for 3 days ?

In Swizz i would be staying for 4 days, i am planning to purchase 2nd class ticket. Hope shouldnt be a problem if i travel with infant. or do you suggest to book 1st calss ?

Please access the URL : screencast.com/t/nvdCA 5jaaE

Kindly confirm if i have parked the correct tickets ?

Awaiting for your inputs . thanks alot.

I wanted to check if the prices are normal for

Arno
    15483 posts
    9 July 2015 at 16:42:39 #844336

Hi Sam,

You’re welcome! I don’t know much about Paris or the Paris Pass. I know it exists and it’s being offered for 2, 4 and 6 days. There might be alternatives you can find once you’re there.

Second class is perfectly fine, please see here.

You have correctly added a 4-day Swiss Travel Pass to your shopping cart. I am not sure of your exact departure date from Switzerland, but you said 4 nights, so that’s a 5 day stay? If so, then buy tickets Paris to Interlaken (or Wilderswil, if available), and start using your 4-day Swiss Travel Pass the next day. Entering Interlaken Ost will probably not work, but Interlaken will. If you stay 4 days then you only need tickets Paris to Basel. Please see http://www.raileurope.com.sg/ train/tgv-lyria so you can add it to your order.

I hope this helps!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 July 2015 at 6:12:23 #844337

Thanks alot Arno.

I am staying in Wilderswil for 3 night and 3 days + 1 day i will still be in Swizz for whihc i am not able to decide.

Option 1 : take a train from Wilderswil towards Zurich airport ; stay overnight near airport hotel and next day morning fly back to london.If possible any good spot where we can have a short view for attraction or anything else we can do ?

Option 2: take a Golden Pass train ( badly want to do if its worth it) – towards Mondreaux or another spot for the nearest Geneva airport in that route ; take accommodation for over night

Option 3: take a train from Wilderswil towards Basel airport ; stay overnight near airport hotel and next day morning fly back to london.

Once you give your recommndation i would go ahead an book my flight tickets from the respective airport towards London.

Awaiting for your reply.

Thanks alot.

Arno
    15483 posts
    10 July 2015 at 9:03:39 #844338

Hi Sam,

If you don’t mind a detour you can see the entire Golden Pass line: first travel from Paris to Basel, then change for Lucerne. Take the first section of the Golden Pass route to Interlaken. Then on your way back take the second section to Montreux, and change for Geneva Airport. From Basel onwards it’s all covered by the Swiss Travel Pass.

• The thread ‘Rail Pass for Paris & Swizz’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.