Luzern to Chiasso on Swiss Travel Pass? Not free?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 March 2018 at 20:40:52 #814601

I am planning a trip from Luzern to Milano; I have a Swiss rail pass. I know I need a ticket from Chiasso to Milano, but on the rail pass chart it has an area of only half fare with the rail pass. I can not tell what cities to put in to get ticket for that part of the journey or see where to put in my rail pass to get the half fare.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    3 March 2018 at 21:43:57 #877646

You are no doubt mistaking the red dashed line for a red dotted line on the Swiss Travel Pass PDF map. The dashed line indicates a tunnel. If you go via Göschenen you will follow the scenic Gotthard Panorama Express route. Otherwise you will travel via the 57Km Gotthard Base Tunnel.

The whole route Luzern to Chiasso is covered by the Swiss Travel Pass.

• The thread ‘Luzern to Chiasso on Swiss Travel Pass? Not free?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.