Jun 25, 2019 - 7:44 AM
Please advise recommended rail pass(es) for the following itinerary. We are a family of four ( 2 adults + 2 kids aged 7 and 5). We plan to use railways as much as possible.
1) Arrival at airport in Zurich. Spend 2 days in Zurich city sightseeing. Might plan to go to Basel or Rhine Falls from Zurich for a day trip.
2) On 3rd day we will arrive to Wengen by train where we have accommodation booking for 5 nights. We plan to explore the Grindewald, Interlaken, Lauterbrunnen, Matterhorn areas during our stay in this region.
3) After our Wengen stay , we plan to go to Paris by train. Plan is to spend the 2 days in city sightseeing. We will stay close to Lourve museum.
4) From Paris, we will go to Bordeaux by train. We will have a car rental in Bordeaux as we are together with a bunch of friends.
5) After 5 days in Bordeaux we'll take a train back to Paris as we have flight back home from Paris.
Please advise best type of rail pass/ Lyria train tickets to plan.