Rail pass recommendation for 5 nights with car

Rail pass recommendation for 5 nights with car

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Dianefamily
Dianefamily
3 posts
Feb 3, 2017 - 4:59 PM

My husband and I will be traveling through Switzerland by car staying in Appenzell one night, Lucerne 2 nights, Lauterbrunnen 2 nights and one night in Murtin on our way to Chamonix. Would you recommend a rail pass or just buy a ticket for each activity? If yes what kind? We are planning on hiking to Asher cliff restaurant by Ebenalp cable car around Appenzell. We also would like to go to Murren and whatever else we can do around Lauterbrunnen for 1 1/2 day. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Arno
Arno
9617 posts
expert &
Feb 3, 2017 - 7:34 PM

Welcome to MySwissAlps Dianefamily!

Buying regular tickets will add up quickly. It may work, but you will need to do the math. A Swiss Half Fare Card is your best bet. It's what most drivers buy. As you can see here you can print it at home.

I'm not sure which place you meant by Murtin, but it won't change the above recommendation. I hope this helps. Feel free to post back if you need more assistance.

Last modified on Feb 3, 2017 - 7:57 PM by Annika

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017