Rail passes restricted to citizenship or residency

Rail passes restricted to citizenship or residency

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
Seemi1
Seemi1
2 posts
Jan 21, 2017 - 1:18 AM

Hello, I am looking at different rail passes for Europe and it says if you live in Europe this one is suitable, if you don't live in Europe the other one. My question is whether this is citizenship or residency? I am a British citizen but living in UAE for past 3 years and will be travelling from UAE. Which pass is suitable for me?

Many thanks.

Arno
Arno
9656 posts
expert &
Jan 21, 2017 - 12:37 PM in reply to Seemi1

Hi Seemi1,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! It's about citizenship (the country in your passport). If you have a British passport you can use Interrail passes, but no Eurail passes. If you have a UAE passport you qualify for Eurail, not Interrail. If you have both nationalities you can choose either. You can find those passes here.

Note that passes for Switzerland are available for everyone except citizens of Switzerland and Liechtenstein.

Seemi1
Seemi1
2 posts
Jan 21, 2017 - 2:43 PM in reply to Arno

Thank you so much for your reply. I don't have UAE nationality, only British so I guess I will be using Interrail pass. Many thanks

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017