Rail passes for a 2 day trip Geneva & Interlaken

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
kamalika
kamalika
3 posts
Jun 7, 2016 - 8:18 PM

Hi :

I will be travelling to Geneva from brussels this weekend. I plan to stay in Wilderswil . I will be reaching on Saturday morning and travelling back on sunday night. I would like to know which railway pass is suiatable for a golden pass journey between Geneva to Interlaken to Wilderswil and include discounts on lake geneva tour and Jungfrau.

Also can I purchase it in Switzerland . If I do online purchase is a printout fine or do I need to get the ticket from somewhere.

Much appreciate any advice on the travel.

Arno
Arno
14080 posts
expert &
Jun 8, 2016 - 5:34 AM

Hi kamalika,

If you buy a Swiss Half Fare Card you will get a 50% discount on all tickets. I think that will be cheaper than a 3-day Swiss Travel Pass. Unfortunately you're too late to buy online and print the pass/card at home, as it takes a few days to process orders. That would have saved you some time upon arrival, but both options can be purchased at the station in Geneva as well: go to the ticket office and bring your passport.

Enjoy your trip!

kamalika
kamalika
3 posts
Jun 8, 2016 - 4:58 PM

Hi,

Will they accept master cards in the ticket counters or do I have to get CHF.

Thanks

kamalika

Arno
Arno
14080 posts
expert &
Jun 8, 2016 - 5:10 PM in reply to kamalika

Hi Kamalika,

They accept credit cards, debit cards and cash (CHF).

kamalika
kamalika
3 posts
Jun 8, 2016 - 5:32 PM

Hi Arno:

I was checking the delivery options here shop.swissrailways.com /popup_deliveryinfo.ph p ?currenc y=CHF&language=en and looks like for regular email delivery its immediate. Is it not the case for swiss half fare pass. If I place the order today will I get an immediate delivery in email.

Thanks

kamalika

Arno
Arno
14080 posts
expert &
Jun 8, 2016 - 5:43 PM in reply to kamalika

Hi Kamalika,

No, it currently takes at least one day, please see myswissalps.com/ swisstravelpass/ price (and they only allow ordering passes from the 13th). I don't see the page you referred to saying otherwise, but please let me know if I don't understand what you mean.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019