Rail passes for Jungfrau region

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 July 2017 at 14:17:07 #812588

Hi – I was hoping for some help from those experienced in Swiss travel. We will be driving to Switzerland later this month staying in Grindelwald and Murren and I am very confused about the best passes to buy for use when we are there! I think we need to buy some sort of ticket to drive on the motorways but this seems to be linked to a half fare card for the cable cars? We will be staying within the Jungfrau region, possibly up to Schiltorn and we want to do the Jungfraugoch trip so any advice as to what is the best and most economical way to do this would be appreciated. We are travelling with a 6 year old and I think I saw that there is some form of pass which makes the Jungfraugoch free but not sure which one this is?? Help!!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 July 2017 at 17:10:46 #866670

Hi Jill77 and welcome to MySwissAlps!

You will want to look at the Jungfrau Travel Pass I think. Read all about the pass, what it covers, for how long and for how much here. You can buy a Jungfrau Travel Pass for your 6 year old for only 30chf.

The motorway vignette issue is explained here (and not connected to cable cars or the Swiss Half Fare Card). If you are renting a car in Switzerland it most likely has the vignette already.

To know for sure you need to figure out what trips you will be taking in the Jungfrau region by train, cable car, boat,bus etc. and compare to the Jungfrau Travel Pass – we have an excel sheet here to help you do the math.

Lucas

• The thread ‘Rail passes for Jungfrau region’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.