Tickets to Jungfraujoch with Swiss Travel Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 May 2017 at 16:25:09 #811665

I have tried booking train tickets for myself and family(2 adults and 2 kids less than 15 yrs. )from Interlaken to Jungfrau trains and the only option on official website is for discount for either eurail pass or half fare pass.

Also there is no options for kids with family pass, to travel free.

I am having Swiss flexi travel pass for 2 adults and family passes for kids..

Please guide me.

Thanks.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 May 2017 at 18:08:31 #862737

Hi drmjbly and welcome to MySwissAlps!

You can book your tickets to Jungfraujoch with the Swiss Travel Pass and/or STP Flex here. There is no need to buy tickets for your children as they are covered by the Swiss Family Card – they don’t require any other ticket.

You can also wait until the day of or day before (at any rail station) and buy your tickets once you know the weather looks good and the trip up to the top will be worth it.

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 May 2017 at 1:20:40 #862738

Thanks Lucas,

The link, of happy rail, you provided for Jungfrau tickets is giving only one option of a ticket with Swiss travel pass, of 148 Euro.

It does not mention STP flex, further it gives option of choosing only number of Travellers irrespective of age and the site also doesn’t say anything about children less than 15

Also you have very rightly suggested about the weather, based at Luzern what is the best way of deciding whether to go up to Jungfrau or Titlis, on a particular day…

Thanks.

Annika
    7104 posts
    4 May 2017 at 8:59:18 #862739

Hi drmjbly,

The Happyrail page mentions Swiss Travel Pass only after selecting Jungfraujoch. However, this ticket is valid for Swiss Travel Pass Flex as well (on a travel day). Actually both passes are nearly the same thing, except for the ability to pick your travel days as you like with the Swiss Travel Pass Flex.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 May 2017 at 12:18:45 #862740

Thanks Annika,

Got it..

We, (2 adults and 2 kids, 11 and 14 yrs old ) will be arriving to Zurich on 5th June from Paris and have made a tentative iternary as follows, please advise about it and any suggestions are welcome.

Have got 4 nights hotel booking in Luzern, already done. Will check in by 4pm on 5th June , and check out on 9th June.

On 5th evening local sightseeing in Luzern and Indian Dinner cruise on Lake Luzern.

On 6th June day trip to either Titlis or Jungfrau(will do by train passes, no prior coach or train reservations done), depending on the weather.

On 7th we are thinking to take a day trip by coach to see Zurich city tour plus Rhine Falls and back to Luzern.

On 8th June, a day trip to either of remaining tour of Titlis or Jungfrau.

On 9th have to catch 12:30pm return flight from Zurich airport to India so will leave Luzern by 8am…

Is it possible to buy STP passes at Zurich train station, after reaching there from Paris by Euro train?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 May 2017 at 18:10:45 #862741

Hi drmjbly,

Looks like a good itinerary here and some good thoughts about the mountain trips, weather and being flexible!

My one note is I would stay in Lucerne on June 7th and explore the city and maybe do a Lake cruise during the day. Personally I think Luzern and Lake Luzern are more interesting than Zurich and the Rhein Fall (plus you are already in Luzern) but that is just me. 🙂

You can certainly by the Swiss Travel Pass and Swiss Family Card at the Zurich train station when you arrive; however it’s usually easier to buy it online and print it at home before you travel.

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 May 2017 at 3:47:34 #862742

Thanks Lucas,

Being short on time and trying to pack as much as possible, I have included a Zurich and Rhine Falls trip but your suggestion is good.

I will leave the final decision to kids, what they like more and the weather.

One thing more, is it necessary to prebook Indian Dinner cruise on Lake Luzern and the Zurich, Rhine Falls trip, via different sites like Viator.com etc. or can I purchase the same easily once I am in Luzern, without fearing that these activities are sold out.

I will prefer to decide once I m in Luzern,as prebooking the tours takes away the flexibility.

Thanks.

Arno
    15471 posts
    10 May 2017 at 11:36:56 #862743

Hi drmjbly,

If you prefer guided tours you’d better book in advance. “In advance” can also be just one day before, as you will receive a voucher through e-mail if you book through viator.com. Of course the chance of tours and dinner cruises being booked out increases as the date approaches.

If you prefer to visit the Rhine Falls on your own then pre-booking is not required. You can just go there using your Swiss Travel Pass and buy entrance tickets on the spot. Your Swiss Travel Pass can easily be printed at home as explained by Lucas. It will save you time.

Have fun!

• The thread ‘Tickets to Jungfraujoch with Swiss Travel Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.