Rail pricing not available for Swiss trip in Sept?

• Moreland01
    Participant
    6 posts
    3 May 2023 at 0:36:20 #829748

I’m attempting to plan out the train trips within Switzerland and get pricing to determine which rail pass will work best.

When I type in Zurich to Interlaken for Sept 9, 2023, I keep getting a message that I’m too early and come back later.

I thought the schedules and prices were set through December 2023 already. No?

Do I need to be much more specific about which rail station I’ll be leaving from?

Thank You!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

JaneEB
    Participant
    219 posts
    3 May 2023 at 5:54:57 #954038

Hi Moorland01

Welcome

The schedule is available, but not tickets. See screenshot of schedule.

Tickets/Saver Day Passes are not available to buy prior to 60 days of your trip.

To get an idea of prices for your travel plan type in a date within 60 days from now in either the SBB website or app and the schedules with prices comes up.

Within the 60 days of your travel dates these prices get dearer as it gets closer to the date you travel and saver day passes and super saver tickets sell out so it is advisable to buy your tickets as soon as they become available unless you have a Swiss Travel Pass and will not need tickets.

I have bought discounted Saver Day passes for our trip in June as I am buying a Half Fare Card and subsequently a discounted Berner Oberland Pass nearer the time.

Hope this is of help

Jane

Yolanda
    2363 posts
    3 May 2023 at 8:09:03 #954039

Hello Moreland01,

Welcome to MySwissAlps.

Yes, per JaneEB (thank you for your input JaneEB), schedules are displayed but you are too early for rail ticket pricing for September. The norm is 60 days in advance of your travel date and also, the same if you are wanting to secure rail tickets at the earliest point.

Depending on your travel plans whilst here, a rail pass could indeed be the most economical way to travel around. Please read about all the passes available in Switzerland here: https://www.myswissalps.com/train/ticketspasses

Many members of the forum find it useful to carry out calculations via our “how to choose a rail pass” link, that way they can be sure the best rail pass option is displayed. Have a look here: https://www.myswissalps.com/train/ticketspasses/practical/chooserailpass

I hope this helps, feel free to reach out with any further questions.

Kind regards,

Yolanda

• The thread ‘Rail pricing not available for Swiss trip in Sept?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.