Rail ticket Zurich airport - Freiburg(Breisgau) Hb

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
ShirleyY
ShirleyY
2 posts
Oct 5, 2016 - 2:24 PM

Hi

I plan to travel from Zurich airport to Freiburg(Breisgau) Hb in Germany. I have the swiss travel pass. Do I only need to buy the German sector from Basel Bad to Freiburg(Breisgau) Hb? Can i buy it online from bahn.com?

Do i need to leave the train at Basel Bad to scan ticket or I just need to have it with me in case of checks. What if I missed the train that I bought the tickets for, can I just take the next available one?

So glad to come across this forum. Thanks in advance for any help.

Sy

Arno
Arno
12142 posts
expert &
Oct 5, 2016 - 2:52 PM

Hi Sy, welcome to MySwissAlps.com!

You got all of that right. The Swiss Travel Pass covers you to Basel Bad Bf (see the map), so no ticket required. You need a ticket from there to Freiburg. You can go to www.bahn.com//i/view/G BR/en/index.shtml, enter your trip and pick a ticket and train. Most trains allow you to optionally include a seat reservation. If you miss that train, your ticket is still valid for the next one, but the seat reservation isn't. The only exception would be a ticket that explicitly states it is only valid for one train, but I don't think they sell such tickets for Germany. You don't need to get off the train in Basel.

ShirleyY
ShirleyY
2 posts
Oct 11, 2016 - 10:19 AM in reply to Arno

Thanks Arno!

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019