Aug 9, 2012 - 1:54 AM
We arrive in Zurich International Airport at 8am 18th Sept 2012.
1. Is it possible to catch the 9.47am train to Interlaken in time? We will have to retrieve our luggages (cabin crew pull on size bags) before taking the train.
2. Travelling on 2nd class Inter regio train, is there room near our seats (using the Swiss flexi pass) for the luggages (1 per person) on the trains? If not, is there a luggage rack up front or behind and is there a lock or do we have to keep an eye on the bags all the time?
3. When I checked the train schedule 9:47am Zurich to Interlaken West, passing through Lucerne for a more scene ride, I see there are two transfer which are only 5 mins apart. Is it possible to really transfer in 5 mins from one platform to another?
a. Arriving in Lucerne 10:49am Platform 6 - then transfer to Platform 12 for the 10:55am to Interlaken Ost.
b. Arriving in Interlaken Ost at 12:55pm - then take the 1pm to Interlaken West.
4. From Interlaken West, we catch the Bus to Beaternberg which leaves Interlaken West hourly (8 mins past the hour).
Appreciate your advice and input. We know there are trains from Zurich to Interlaken via Bern but we heard that the route via Lucerne, Breinz is more scenic.
5. After a week in Beatenberg, we head for Wengen. Is it possible to bring our pull on luggages on board the trains esp local ones to Wengen?
Thanks in advance.