Rail travel from Switzerland to other countries

Rail travel from Switzerland to other countries

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
Charly
Charly
1 post
May 24, 2017 - 9:20 PM

I will be spending time in Switzerland then travelling to other parts in Europe. I wanted to travel by train from Geneva to Luzern first then after doing a swiss rail tour going from Zermatt to Bern...Bern to Vienna...Vienna to Budapest...Budapest to Prague. Any suggestions on how I can book the rail tickets from Canada by not using a third party system like rail europe.

Alpenrose666
Alpenrose666
1186 posts
top member
May 25, 2017 - 8:13 AM in reply to Charly

Hi Charly, and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Have you considered using a Swiss Travel Pass, Swiss Half-Fare Card or Eurail Pass for your trip?

If you do want to buy individual tickets, these links should help:

Switzerland

www.sbb.ch/en/timetabl e.html

Vienna to Budapest

www.seat61.com/interna tional-trains/trains-from-Vienna.htm#Vienna-Budapest<h

Budapest to Prague

www.seat61.com/trains-and-routes/prague-to-budapest-by-train.htm

Alpenrose

Arno
Arno
9617 posts
expert &
May 25, 2017 - 8:27 AM

Hi Charly,

I wouldn't necessarily avoid Rail Europe or other third parties. Sometimes they have the best deal, sometimes they don't. Even national carriers often act as a third party because they don't own all routes/trains. This applies to SBB in Switzerland too. You'll find various tips on myswissalps.com/travel /toswitzerland/train/t ickets. We'll list several retailers of tickets, including Rail Europe but others too. MySwissAlps is mainly about traveling within Switzerland, but feel free to let us know if any questions remain.

Last modified on May 25, 2017 - 8:29 AM by Arno

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017