Afternoon trains from Mt. Titlis to Interlaken

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 May 2017 at 6:53:48 #811746

Hello,

I’m from India, will be travelling to Europe during July 2017.

Already purchased Eurail Gobal Pass for 15 continuous days (1st class) and reserved most of the trains.

Plan is on 31st July, travel from Interlaken to Luzerne and see Titlis and come back to Interlaken same day.

I could see trains to reserve from Interlaken to Luzerne on 31st July 2017 morning time.

But, Luzerne to Interlaken no afternoon trains are shown in that site. So I am not able to book my return journey.

As per SBB site, 90 days prior departure I should be able to reserve the trains. But SBB site does not show discount for Global Pass holders. Hence want to book via RailEurope.in site.

Can anyone confirm if those trains are not opened for booking yet ? OR booking after reaching Swiss would cause issue ?

Will be travelling with 3yrs kid, so reservation is really required. RailEurope global site shows trains though but delivery to india would cost more.

Kindly guide me.

Thanks in advance,

Sreedeep

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 May 2017 at 13:39:05 #863045

Hi Sreedeep and welcome to MySwissAlps!

In order to reach Mt. Titlis by the time of the last gondola you have to leave Interlaken by 12:00 roughly. That is why you don’t see any trains beyond that (it is about 3.5 hours each way) so you need to leave earlier in the day for this trip.

On another note, reservations are often not available (and not needed) on Swiss trains so I wouldn’t be concerned about making them. Also it is helpful to wait closer to the departure date before buying tickets or reservations to make sure the weather is nice for your trip.

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 May 2017 at 16:36:25 #863046

Hello Lucas,

thanks for your reply.

But I was not looking afternoon trains from Interlaken.

Rather I am trying to reserve Luzern to Interlaken train while returning from Titlis.

Anyway I’ll again check closer to my dates.

Thanks,

Sreedeep

Arno
    15483 posts
    9 May 2017 at 17:11:31 #863047

Hi Sreedeep,

You don’t need to reserve that train. It’s regular public transport. You can simply hop on with your Eurail Select Pass. Please also see the reservation link in Lucas’s post and this page: myswissalps.com/golden pass/tickets.

Enjoy the ride!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 May 2017 at 17:27:44 #863048

Hi Arno,

Great .. Thanks a lot to you and Lucas.

Great Forum I must say.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Sreedeep

• The thread ‘Afternoon trains from Mt. Titlis to Interlaken’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.