Railpass options for 20-days Swiss trip

• fionatravel
    Participant
    88 posts
    3 July 2022 at 20:59:40 #827679

Hello, I was in the middle of planning a trip back in September 2019 for 2020 trip but it was disrupted by Covid and now I am back and with “ fresh “ start again !

I understand Swiss travel 15 day pass but what if my days in Switzerland is 20 days , what’s the best option for me ? I was thinking May be 30 day 1/2 fare card ? Please help

thanks

Fiona

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 July 2022 at 21:14:00 #943928

You have the option of a 15 day Swiss Travel Pass Flex. This would entail using a separate Saver day pass or point point ticket on some of the ‘other’ 5 days, or have some days when you just walk from your accommodation, or hire a bicycle, etc

fionatravel
    Participant
    88 posts
    3 July 2022 at 21:43:09 #943929

Thanks ! So I will plan some days if I hike in town not to use the pass , or if needed to buy a saver day pass in between ! Do you recommend buying a Berner Oberland pass so I can use this pass while I am in the region for 3-4 days to not to use STP ?

thanks

Anna
    6355 posts
    4 July 2022 at 3:20:40 #943930

Hi Fionatravel,

Welcome back to the forum.

Combining the Swiss Travel Pass (https://www.myswissalps.com/swisstravelpass) with the Regional Pass Bernese Oberland (RPBO) is a great option. If you’re planning to purchase the Swiss Travel Pass Flex (https://www.myswissalps.com/swisstravelpassflex), do take note that the 35% discount for the RPBO applies only if, on all days of the RPBO, a travel day of the Swiss Travel Pass Flex is being used.

You can find more details about the RPBO and purchase options here: http://www.myswissalps.com/regionalpassberneseoberland/price

Be sure to check out this link for useful tips on how to choose the best railpass: http://www.myswissalps.com/train/ticketspasses/practical/chooserailpass

Regards,

Anna

fionatravel
    Participant
    88 posts
    4 July 2022 at 4:26:11 #943931

I see! Thanks for the reminder! So I will plan my trip with 15 day STP and the remainder days I use saver day pass and cluster the rest of the days toward the end in Zurich !

cab I buy saver day pass everyday when I need ( outside 15 day pass window)

Shroffchetan
    Participant
    255 posts
    4 July 2022 at 12:54:01 #943932

Swiss half fare card will be good

fionatravel
    Participant
    88 posts
    4 July 2022 at 13:04:22 #943933

Yeah, once the detailed itinerary is laid out I will have to do an estimated math to see half card vs STP 15 days plus point to point ( for the remainder 5 days) or flex card !

I have a feeling half card might be not a bad idea as it’s a lot cheaper than 15 day STP so the difference for the pass might be used to pay toward the actual fare (50%)

Anna
    6355 posts
    4 July 2022 at 17:40:29 #943934

Hi fionatravel,

You can certainly get a Saver Day Pass for each remaining day of your trip that is not covered by the Swiss Travel Pass. Saver Day Pass is cheaper when you purchase in advance.

In any case, a detailed itinerary will make it easier for you to do the cost comparison for different combinations of railpass.

Regards,

Anna

• The thread ‘Railpass options for 20-days Swiss trip’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.