Rain forecasted for next week in Lauterbrunnen

• Sandhya01
    Participant
    3 posts
    16 June 2022 at 17:06:22 #827514

Hello, we will be spending time in Montreux area and in Lauterbrunned / Interlaken area next week. Unfortunately, it seems like it will be raining almost everyday when we are there. I just wanted to get an idea of what that might be like. At this time of year in mid-June what is the rain like usually? Will it be nonstop, heavy, or light intermittent ?

Will it be worth it to go to mountain tops for good views or will the visibility be poor? Thank you for any advice or suggestions!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Powe8698
    Participant
    3 posts
    17 June 2022 at 3:46:08 #943284

Good morning.

We’re in Lauterbrunnen currently and starting to plan our trips to the mountains so I totally understand as We’re looking at the same weather reports.

A couple of points…1. They information office here only gives a 3 day report which is posted every day. 2. I’ve not seen that the long-term forecast is well correlated to the real weather here (good news). 3. The pattern seems to be passing showers mid afternoon and maybe thunderstorm later. So there seems to be work-arounds like early mountain trips or numerous other adventures if it does rain. 4. They have Webcams on the mountains to help with planning your trips.

Here’s a good link to help with planning.

lauterbrunnen.swiss/en/summer/

PS. We bought the Half Day Fare and the Bernese Regional Pass at the train station when we arrived.

Barbara

Anna
    6382 posts
    17 June 2022 at 9:11:53 #943285

Hi Sandhya01,

If it’s forecast to rain, I don’t think it will rain the whole day: http://www.myswissalps.com/weather/forecast. It might just be a drizzle or a heavy shower for a little while. But I agree with Barbara that you should check the mountain webcams before doing any mountain excursion. Mountain transportation will continue operating in wet weather unless there’s severe weather warning such as a storm. Also, it might be good to make back up plans just in case such as a visit to the Trummelbach Falls or the Glacier Canyon in Grindelwald.

Regards,

Anna

• The thread ‘Rain forecasted for next week in Lauterbrunnen’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.