Rainy day suggestions for Bern

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 October 2019 at 20:32:29 #824117

Hello,
    We are reaching Bern tomorrow for 4 days. We were hoping to visit interlaken and Montreux as day trips during this time. As per weather forecasts it will be raining all day on Wednesday in Bern Montreux and Interlaken. Though forecasts are unreliable but still I want to keep some options for rainy day. Our kids are 1.5 and 5.5 years old so please suggest something they will be able to enjoy. Thanks!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Virgingorda
    Participant
    58 posts
    8 October 2019 at 2:28:26 #923314

I’d recommend you go to Ballenberg Outdoor Museum. More manageable in the rain than the open outdoors and kids would enjoy the activities there. The walks from canton to canton are very nice in natural settings, like easy hikes. Old farm houses and animals. If it pours, just hang out in one of the bigger houses and see the exhibit inside. It’s huge and we spent a good portion of a day there covering almost everything. I loved the freshly made cheese there.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 October 2019 at 4:17:14 #923315

Hello Gitz,

I don’t think there’s anything you need to worry about too much. Find recommendations for a bad weather day in Bern in below links:
    http://www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/suggestions-for-a-rainy-day
    http://www.myswissalps.com/be rn/activities

Get back to us for further support.

Best,
    Steph

• The thread ‘Rainy day suggestions for Bern’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.