Lauterbrunnen activities in bad weather

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 September 2017 at 3:15:49 #813363

The weather forecast for 1-5 Oct in Lauterbrunnen appears to be bad :((( It’s somewhat disappointing. What could we include in a wet weather plan for the duration we are there? I definitely did not plan for 5 days of bad weather. Besides a day trip to Bern, any other suggestions? I am even tempted to spend a night in Bern (although my accommodations in Lauterbrunnen have been fully paid for). Or is a rainy day in Lauterbrunnen just as nice? We will be heading to Wengen from 5-9 Oct thereafter. Please help!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 September 2017 at 9:56:42 #870233

Hello slothrabbit

Firstly, don’t be too disheartened. I live up in Murren and know that often the actual weather does not match the forecast. Trummelbach Falls are tremendous in wet weather! There are 72 waterfalls in the Lauterbrunnen valley and a little museum near the church. Hopefully you’ll find lots of other ideas in the Interlaken section, including a trip to the Funky Chocolate Club! Murren Sports Zentrum has an indoor pool and beautiful spa, if you fancy pampering yourself – or try a day pass at the Interlaken Victoria Jungfrau Hotel? Fingers crossed though, for fine weather.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 September 2017 at 14:12:11 #870234

Hi Sue

Two weeks ago I saw a facebook video on Lauterbrunnen. Will be there on Oct 6th. Seeing that you live there. Question on the sbb app .are the dots between starting point and the destination stops or train changes? Was not my intention to offend, just having difficulty finding this answer anywhere else .

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 September 2017 at 14:38:02 #870235

Hello Rick195211

Welcome to MySwissAlps! Would you mind clarifying your question, and I’ll do my best to answer it. Thanks.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 September 2017 at 14:50:44 #870236

I will be using a travel pass. How will I know if I need to do a train transfer in route. The bus app shows this . Can’t find it on the SBB app

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 September 2017 at 16:43:34 #870237

Thank you Sue!

Fingers crossed for good weather too! I understand that that it is not recommended for infants to visit Trummelbach falls due to the loud noise. Is that true, and is that being enforced? I will be traveling with my 1-year-old daughter. She has an infant hearing earmuff protection that we could bring that along and will definitely help the situation.

Arno
    15482 posts
    26 September 2017 at 17:47:02 #870238

Hi Rick,

You may want to check the online timetable at http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable, which shows the number of changes very clearly on the first page that opens up, and if you click the plus icon of a travel option it shows each change in detail.

In the app it more or less works the same way: tap a travel option to show details. Each change is indicated with an icon of a little walking passenger.

Please open a new thread if you have further questions about this, as we’re discussing rainy day activities here. Many thanks!

Arno
    15482 posts
    26 September 2017 at 17:51:47 #870239

Hi Slothrabbit,

Yes, that’s true, children up to 3 can’t visit the Trümmelbach Falls. I expect them to enforce that as it’s not just about the noise but also about safety. Please see the attachment for how they describe this.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 September 2017 at 21:04:16 #870240

Thank you. Figured it out.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 September 2017 at 13:45:13 #870241

Thank you, Arno!

• The thread ‘Lauterbrunnen activities in bad weather’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.