RE: 8D Swiss Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 August 2014 at 14:34:41 #806566

Dear Arno,

Good day to you. I’m currently planning for my trip to Switzerland in Spring 2015 (End Apr to Early May).

A quick with you on the below:

Day 1 Zurich Airport – Lucerne – Titlis (depending on weather)

Would like to confirm the train to Engelberg is not covered by Swiss Pass

Day 2 Lucerne – Mt Rigi (FOC with Swiss Pass)

I am planning to take the boat ride from Lucerne to Vitznau and then boat ride back from Weggis. Noted that the boat ride from Weggis is available every hourly. But for Vitznau during Spring, it is only available in the morning 8:40 am? How abt noon?

Day 3 Lucerne – Lauterbrunnen – Grutschalp – Murren – Gimmelward – Stechelberg – Lauterbrunnen

Would like to confirm whether these routes are covered by Swiss Pass? Or need to pay additional cost? Is it available in end Apr / early May too?

Day 4 Lauterbrunnen – Wengen – GrindelwaldDay

5 Lauterbrunnen – Lake Brienz Boat Ride + Giessbach Falls – Lake Thun Boat Ride + Beatenbucht & Niederhorn

Where could i find the boat ride timetable for spring? I believed these are covered by Swiss Pass, do correct me if I’m wrong.

Day 6 Lauterbrunnen – Spiez – Zweisimmen – Lauterbrunnen

Day 7 Lauterbrunnen – Montreux – Lausanne – GenevaWhere could i find the boat ride timetable for spring for departure from Montreux, Lausanne & Geneva?Can we bring our luggage on the boat ride?

Day 8 Geneva – Nyon – Geneva AirportLastly, do I need to do train seat reservation for the above routes? I saw some comments train to Montreux will need to do reservation.

Thanks a lot for your great help.

Regards,Aodreen

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7103 posts
    9 August 2014 at 8:29:09 #840811

Hello Aodreen!

You can best download the Swiss Pass validity map to find out which routes are covered. Nearly all trips you mention are covered, including the ride to Engelberg. The Niederhorn is 50% off.

All regular trains services are available in Spring too. The current Swiss timetable is valid up to December, but I don’t expect major changes for next year. Boat timetables are indeed more limited than in Summer. You will find the appropriate links to boat timetables at the right side of our pages on boat trips at Lake Lucerne, Lake Brienz and Lake Geneva. In most cases the timetables for next Spring aren’t published yet, but they will be months before your departure.

You don’t need seat reservations for the trips you have in mind. Please find more information at http://www.myswissalps.com/train/reservations. If you want travel to Montreux by a Golden Pass train, you may reserve seats, but even that’s not obligatory.

Enjoy your preparations!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 August 2014 at 0:55:16 #840812

Thanks Annika for your great help.

By the way, what should I do if I would like to take Golden Pass Train? Is it the same ordinary train or difference train to Montreux. Thanks a lot.

Annika
    7103 posts
    11 August 2014 at 8:17:02 #840813

Hi Aodreen. The Golden Pass trains run the same route as regular regional trains do (via Zweisimmen and Gstaad). The difference is that Golden Pass trains have larger panoramic windows and, especially in 1st class, more luxurious seats. Information is available at the Golden Pass page I linked to in my previous post. If you like a ride in such a trains, you can find a connection through the timetable and decide whether you want to make seat reservations.

• The thread ‘RE: 8D Swiss Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10720 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.